NarvaScape [562] Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NarvaScape [562] Forums

Welcome to the forums for the runescape private server NarvaScape version 562. Owner and Coder is Geo. Assistaint coder is Kitten. Thanks Kitten for all of your hard work !

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  NarvaScape Item ListNarvaScape Item List  Server Temporarily down. Dl  

Server Temporarily down.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitten
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Server Temporarily down. Empty
PostSubject: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:26 pm

The server is temporarily down.
Most likely, Geo's VPS restarted is all and it should restart.
If it does not automatically work, then it will when Geo gets on.
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Server Status:Online
Back to top Go down
Geo
Owner
Owner
Geo

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:08 pm

I fixed the problem ! The VPS will never restart now. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
https://narvascape.forumotion.com
Nick
Head Mod
Head Mod

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:00 am

The server is down again, This is most likely due to the same issue as before.
I will update this when it's back up.

Back to top Go down
Kitten
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:51 am

Nick wrote:

The server was not down Nick, I thought Geo had posted it, I apologize.
We were both working on the new source and had to turn off the vps for the 508 source.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Head Mod
Head Mod

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 am

Kitten wrote:
Nick wrote:

The server was not down Nick, I thought Geo had posted it, I apologize.
We were both working on the new source and had to turn off the vps for the 508 source.

I talked to him about 3 hours ago in the chat and he told me that the entire VPS was down and that he couldn't edit the source.
Eh maybe was supposed to be a surprise or something lol.

Back to top Go down
gooseman160
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:44 pm

ya server is off still why?
Back to top Go down
Nick
Head Mod
Head Mod

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:06 am

Any updates on the status of the new source / vps?

Back to top Go down
Geo
Owner
Owner
Geo

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:04 am

Sorry I was changing the server source and couldn't have the old source up at the same time for two reasons. There was a lot of lag and you cant run two server.bat files at the same time. This meant we had to have some downtime. However, they reinstalled the VPS's server software and this means that I lost all of my settings so I don't know if it will continue doing the automatic restarting. If it does then I will do my best to fix it. Otherwise we should be fine for a while becuase there aren't any updates that need to be installed at the moment. If anyone knows how to completely disable the automatic updating then please let me know so that I can fix it. Thanks very much !!

P.S. The new source is great ! There are some things that we need to fix, but we will take care of them ass soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 pm

I believe the server restarted, just giving you the heads up, I will call you in a minute. You should call your VPS provided about how to fix it. The startup option is not working automatically?
Back to top Go down
Geo
Owner
Owner
Geo

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:09 pm

There we go. I completely disabled the auto-matic updating. We SHOULD have no more server downages, however, if we do, the serverstartup.bat is in the startup folder of the VPS so if it was to restart, it would turn the server back on as soon as it rebooted meaning only a few 5 min downages here and there.
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 pm

yay!
Back to top Go down
Kitten
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:16 am

Hey Geo, I went to get on when i got home and have been trying in intervals but it seems the vps is not up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Temporarily down.   Server Temporarily down. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Temporarily down.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarvaScape [562] Forums :: Appeals and Support :: Bug Reports-
Jump to: